Unfinished basement with water problems ranging from dampness to all-out flooding has been undertaken and completed by J and J waterproofing Alberta.
We have proven results for setting exceptional standards in cost control, planning, scheduling and project safety. We have experience that gives us a competitive advantage over others in our field to convert your basement into living room, home office space, game room and play room.
If you are going to finish your basement, this is what we recommend to prepare it properly. If you already have finished basement, the majority of these precautions can still be considered.
The key to successful basement renovations is to plan, and using an effective strategies as provided below:
1. Install an effective waterproofing system.
2. Install a reliable sump pump with alarm and back-up system.
3. Guard against floods from frozen sump discharge lines.
4. Install a vapor barrier on the walls before you put up finished walls.
5. Keep the floor warm, dry and comfortable.
6. Protect against common plumbing leaks that ruin your finished basement.
7. Dehumidify the space.
8. Perform some basic exterior maintenance.